Autostereoscopic 3D in the Medical Arena – The Next Step in Visualization
• Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI)
• German American Chamber of Commerce
3D has the potential to become the next major innovation in medicine and healthcare. But while 3D models and objects are widely used in medical imaging, this data is still displayed in two dimensions, leading to the loss of valuable information. Autostereoscopic 3D displays would allow this data to be output in true 3D during medical procedures without the need for specialized glasses, creating additional benefits for the medical community: speedier diagnosis, a reduction in human error, and more efficient training and education.
The workshop addressed:
- INPUT: expert perspectives on 3D trends and the current state of the technology.
- EXPERIENCE: a first-hand opportunity to see medical images being output on autostereoscopic displays.
- EXCHANGE: direct feedback and discussion with participating experts.